I must say, I’m feeling smug. I took this backpack I randomly found in Paperchase:
I love it’s clean lines and minimal fuss. Doesn’t clutter an outfit. Light as a feather. Small. It ticks all the boxes. I actually only half-filled it, even with my book. I took:
- GAP cropped black trousers (which I wore the entire time)
- Cos long-sleeved striped tee
- GAP block-striped tee
- H&M/Maison Martin Margiela Circle Shirt
- Black Marc Jacobs blazer
- Black /white converse high tops (worn the entire time)
- Orange H&M Conscious Collection necklace
- Black H&M clutch purse (as sported in Spain last month)
- 2 spare pairs socks
- 2 spare pairs undercrackers
- White Sweaty Betty sports bra (worn the entire time)
- 1 sachet each of shampoo, conditioner, face wash, moisturiser & eye-cream.
- 1 tiny pot of MAC Prep & Prime
- 1 brown eye pencil
- 1 book
I can confirm, I spent all weekend feeling very chic indeed. Picking one colour theme made it easy. Black and white everything, with just my necklace providing a pop of colour. Everything I packed was also super light and thin, making it easy to fold everything into a small ziplock bag.
The sample sachets of toiletries were great. I only needed one of each thing, and then ditched the empty packets.
I skipped around Paris, as light as a feather, chic as a tres chic thing. I will NEVER travel any other way again, I swear.